About Robert B. Dunlap
Attorney Serving Shreveport, LA
As a Shreveport personal injury lawyer, Robert B. Dunlap is dedicated to helping victims in Louisiana and Texas. With over 30 years of experience, he has consulted on and litigated a wide variety of legal matters, including oil and gas law, commercial and business law, construction litigation and more. He received both his Bachelor's Degree and Juris Doctor from Louisiana State University, and was admitted to the Louisiana State Bar in 1982 and the Texas State Bar in 2015.
Robert Dunlap also has international and governmental experience having served as the Attorney General of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands on the island of Saipan. There he supervised all the legal work for the Commonwealth, including criminal law matters, immigration issues, labor cases, civil litigation, and more. He has appeared and testified before the United States Senate Committee of Energy and Natural Resources. After leaving the Attorney General’s Office, he practiced with the largest law firm in the Pacific handling employment, construction and personal injury law.
Among a number of other honors, Mr. Dunlap has been selected as a top lawyer in SB Magazine.
- Shreveport, Louisiana
- Louisiana State University, J.D. (1982)
- Louisiana State University, B.A. in Psychology (1979)
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- United State District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
Organizations & Committees Membership
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Shreveport Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Oil and Gas Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- Ark-La-Tex Association of Professional Landmen
- National Association of Attorneys General
- Goodwill Industries of Northern Louisiana, Board Chairman (2012), Executive Committee (2007 - Present), Board Member (2005 - 2013)
- Highland House, Board Member (2007 - 2012)
- Shreveport Chamber of Commerce, Graduate of Leadership Shreveport program
- U.S. Naval Academy, Parent Association
- Caddo Magnet Men's Club Lacrosse, President (2009 - 2014)
- Shreveport House Concert, Inc., Board Member (2015 - Present)
Ongoing Peer Education & Seminar Presentations
- Shreveport and Bossier Chamber of Commerce CNG Symposium (May 2010, Bossier City, Louisiana), "Federal and State Tax Incentives for Conversion of Natural Gas Vehicles"
- Petrohawk Energy (February 2010, Shreveport, Louisiana), "Imprescriptible Mineral Servitudes"
- Southeast Shreveport Rotary Club (April 2008, Shreveport, Louisiana), "Local Impact of the Haynesville Shale and Basic Mineral Rights for Landowners"
- Inns of Court, Federal Bar (May 2008, Shreveport, Louisiana), "Oil, Gas and Mineral Lease Negotiations"
- Federal Distict Bar Conference (April 1997, Saipan, CNMI), "Qualified Immunity in Section 1983 Actions"
- National Business Institute, Inc. (September 1993, Shreveport, Louisiana), "Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Pre-litigation" and "Preventive Collection"
- Louisiana State Bar Association (January 1994, Shreveport, Louisiana), "Louisiana Worker's Compensation Act"
- Louisiana State University (Spring 1990 - 1993, Shreveport, Louisiana), Instructor, Paralegal Studies "Debtor/Creditor Relations"
- American Institute of Banking (Spring 1989, 1991, Shreveport, Louisiana), Instructor, "Law and Banking"
- Shreveport Bar Association, Authored Secretary/Paralegal manual on collection matters in Louisiana
Call (318) 562-5044 now to get in touch with a Shreveport personal injury attorney.
"I would very much like everyone to know what a wonderful experience
I had with the Law Office of Mr. Robert B. Dunlap, Attorney at Law. Mr.
Dunlap assisted my family in receiving a monetary gain that most attorneys
would have never bothered to take on. He persevered until he secured a
settlement for us and we are very appreciative of all his time and effort.
I highly recommend him, as a dedicated legal advocate and will always
be grateful for his compassion, perseverance and dedication, the very
attributes you want in an attorney.
Thanks so very much, Mr. Dunlap."
- Ms. Brenda J. Piggue