Personal Injury FAQ

FAQ About Personal Injury

Skilled Personal Injury Attorney Serving Shreveport

Navigating the Louisiana legal system can be a complicated process. With a Shreveport personal injury lawyer from the Law Office of Robert B. Dunlap, you can get personal assistance and knowledgeable advice for your case.

What Is the Statute of Limitations to File a Personal Injury or Wrongful Death Claim?

The statute of limitations in Louisiana is one year from the date of the injury or death.

If an Insurance Company Offers an Early Settlement for a Car Accident, Should I Take it?

Typically, you should be wary of early settlement offers because insurance companies often try to pay the least amount of compensation possible. You should make sure your injuries are fully compensated and talk to an experienced personal injury attorney before signing any settlement documents.

Am I Able to Receive Compensation for Time Off of Work if I am Injured in a Trucking Accident?

Yes, your recovery in a personal injury accident claim for a truck accident can include payment for lost income due to missing work because of your injuries. You can also receive compensation for a loss of earning capacity that results from your injuries.

Does Louisiana Have Motorcycle Helmet Requirements?

Yes, the state of Louisiana requires that every motorcycle rider must wear a helmet that has a chin strap, visor, padding, and lining.

What Damages May I Receive for a Pedestrian Accident Case?

If you are injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to damages for past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, and wage loss. If the defendant’s conduct is extreme, you may also be entitled to punitive damages.

If I am Receiving Workers’ Compensation Benefits But I Return to Work, Will I Still be Able to Receive the Benefits?

The answer is maybe. If your return to work allows you to earn wages equal to or above the amount of your workers’ compensation benefits, the benefits will likely stop. If, however, you are still experiencing a wage loss due to your injury, you may still continue to get workers’ compensation benefits for a lesser amount.

Can I File for Wrongful Death if the Decedent Never Held a Job?

Yes, even if the decedent never held a job, he or she may still have contributed services, guidance, and nurturing to the family. It is also possible to file a wrongful death claim for a child or elderly person, though the damages awarded are typically modest.

Medical bills and other expenses can quickly pile up after an accident. If you or a loved one have been injured due to another’s negligence, filing for compensation can help alleviate the financial burdens. A compassionate and tenacious Shreveport personal injury attorney from the Law Office of Robert B. Dunlap can handle the complicated legal process so you can focus on getting your life back on track.

Diligent Representation for Personal Injury Cases

Whether you are filing a claim for a car accident, workers’ compensation, or wrongful death, Mr. Dunlap can walk you through the process. With more than 30 years of experience, he stays up-to-date on federal and state laws to try and provide the best representation available. Doing the job well and helping clients seek compensation without breaking the bank is his goal, and he offers caring and knowledgeable services for a variety of personal injury issues.

Call (318) 562-5044 for personalized legal services from a Shreveport personal injury lawyer for help seeking a beneficial outcome.

Contact Attorney
Robert B. Dunlap Today

If You Have Been Injured, Time Is Of The Essence. Call (318) 562-5044 To Get Started On Your Case. Robert Dunlap Is Committed To The Tireless Pursuit Of Justice.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.