Experienced & Skilled Legal Counsel
Despite the sheer number of bicyclists on the road, they are often overlooked by drivers who are in too much of a rush to notice, or simply don’t want to share the road. Although everyone should learn to respect the rules of the road and be more aware of their surroundings, this isn’t always the case and many bicyclists suffer from debilitating, if not life-threatening, injuries.
As a result, bicyclists are most often injured due to the carelessness of drivers who simply feel it is always their right of way. If you are a bicyclist who was injured in an auto accident because of a driver’s negligence, you aren’t alone. The fact of the matter is, bicyclist accidents are rarely the fault of the bicyclist, as the automobile drivers are almost always to blame.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
The following are common causes of bicycle accidents, including but not limited to:
- Drinking and driving
- Texting and driving
- Distracted drivers
- Dangerous road conditions, such as rain, snow, or ice
- Illegal left turns
- Poorly marked crosswalks or bike paths
- Speeding and reckless driving
Bicycle Safety Tips - Avoid Serious Accidents
Whether you are riding alone or in a group, always remember to ride cautiously and to make sure you follow these useful safety tips.
- Wear a helmet - Choose a helmet that fits your head and provides adequate protection
- Check your bike's equipment - Make sure your tires are inflated and that your brakes are functioning
- Ride with both hands - if you have books or other things to carry, use a backpack or a carrier
- When riding at night, wear bright clothing
- Watch for road hazards - Look for potholes, puddles, debris, and other things on the road. Put away distractions such as your phone so you can focus on riding.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers Today
The Law Office of Robert B. Dunlap is comprised of some of most impressive, devoted, and success-driven Shreveport personal injury lawyers who refuse to back down from the challenge of your case. Our legal team understands you must be facing a slew of concerns following your bicycle accident, which is why we are so dedicated to ensuring you don’t feel as though you are up against an impossible situation. Whether you are in need of an aggressive team who will obtain compensation on your behalf or simply an informative guide throughout this entire legal process, we want to fulfill that role for you.