Hit and Runs

Car Accident Attorney Representing Louisiana's Injured

While fault in car accidents involving two vehicles is quite simple to determine, it is a completely different story when it comes to hit and run accidents. When an at-fault driver flees the scene of the collision, the injured victim is left to wonder who is going to pay for the property damage and injury.

If you were involved in an auto accident where the at-fault motorist left the scene in Louisiana, The Law Office of Robert B. Dunlap is here to help you recover your entitled compensation. With more than three decades of experience, Shreveport car accident lawyer, Attorney Dunlap, understands what it takes to guide you through the complexities of the system in order to obtain the most favorable outcome possible.

What to Do After a Hit & Run Accident

In an attempt to file a claim against the phantom motorist responsible for the collision, there are certain steps you must take immediately after the incident (if possible).

  • First, document as much information as possible regarding the at-fault driver. What was the color of his car? What were the make and model? Did you happen to catch the license plate number? The more information you can provide to law enforcement and your attorney, the better your chances are of catching the perpetrator.
  • However, if you cannot track down the phantom motorist, then you may still recover monetary damages from your own insurance provider. Under these circumstances, it is imperative to understand that insurance adjusters are looking out for their own best interests and will do whatever it takes to either reduce your overall claim, or flat-out deny it. With a skilled lawyer on your side, you can ensure that your rights are protected.

Recovering Compensation After a Hit and Run

Most victims are often concerned about how to recover compensation when the liable party cannot be tracked down. If police officers are unable to locate the liable party either through surveillance footage or witnesses, then you have the option of recovering damages through your own underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage. UM coverage is essential in cases whether the other driver does not carry sufficient coverage, does not have insurance, or if you are hit by a driver who fled the scene.

If you do not have UM coverage, it may be difficult to recover compensation for your injuries. Other possible sources of compensation may be through your health insurance or an immediate family member's policy. Talk to our attorney to find out more.

Call (318) 562-5044 for Experienced Legal Representation Today

Attorney Dunlap can thoroughly review your case and determine all of your available legal options to pay for your medical bills, loss of income, as well as pain and suffering. Let our car accident attorney in Shreveport fight for you while you make a successful recovery from injury.

Contact us and request a free consultation.