Aggressively Pursuing Justice on Your Behalf
If you were involved in a slip and fall accident, you may be suffering from a variety of injuries due to another’s negligence. The most important aspect of a slip and fall accident is accurately determining who is at fault for the injury, which can only be done with the help of a strongminded Shreveport personal injury lawyer who has your best interests in mind.
What To Do After a Slip & Fall Accident
Following a slip and fall, it is essential you follow these steps in order to ensure you are not assigned blame for your injury:
- Immediately seek medical attention, so that your injuries are recorded by a medical professional who will assess the severity of the situation
- Inspect the surrounding area for anything which may have caused the fall, such as a wet floor, uneven concrete, etc.
- Gather all witnesses, as they will be vital in your case
- Notify the property owner this happened on their premises
- Take photographic evidence as soon as possible, so you can further offer evidence as to the unsafe or negligent conditions which caused your accident
Common Causes of Slip & Falls
Slip and falls can happen anywhere and anytime. From grocery stores to shopping malls and parking lots, slip and falls can happen when we least expect it. In many cases, we find that the property owner exhibited negligence by failing to maintain a reasonably safe environment for guests.
Major causes of slip and falls:
- Wet surfaces, commonly caused by spills or leaks
- Broken sidewalks
- Cluttered walkways
- Defective stairs or handrails
- Poor lighting
Contact Our Shreveport Personal Injury Lawyers
For Shreveport personal injury lawyers you can rely on to aggressively pursue justice on your behalf, look no further than the Law Office of Robert B. Dunlap. Our legal team is comprised of experienced, passionate, and skilled individuals who have one goal in mind: your success and satisfaction. We know that after an unexpected accident or injury, you may be feeling the weight of hefty medical bills, loss of wages, or emotional turmoil in the form of pain and suffering. This is why we are committed to obtaining the results you deserve thanks to our insatiable work ethic and dedication to you.
To speak to a representative of our firm, please don’t hesitate to call us.