Workers' Compensation

Seeking the Compensation After a Work Injury

Workers’ compensation is a legal process where an employee who is injured on the job may seek certain benefits, including medical care for the injury, vocational rehabilitation services, and indemnity wage benefits. The Law Office of Robert B. Dunlap provides representation for clients seeking workers’ compensation. If you were injured on the job, contact Robert Dunlap today.

Common work-related injuries you may seek compensation for:

  • Diseases such as lung cancer, if contracted by exposure to toxins at work.
  • Injuries resulting from the physical and mental strain caused by extreme and sudden work-related stress or increased work duties.
  • Preexisting conditions that the workplace aggravates or accelerates, such as a back injury.
  • Injuries caused during lunch hours, breaks, and work-sponsored activities.
  • At-work injuries caused by company facilities or equipment.

In Louisiana, most employees are covered from the day they start employment. Full-time, part-time, minors, and seasonal employees are eligible for workers’ compensation. At the Law Office of Robert B. Dunlap, you can obtain knowledgeable services from a Shreveport workers' compensation attorney to understand your options for pursuing compensation.

Tenacious Representation for Filing Workers’ Compensation

If you are injured at work, the first thing to do is report the injury to your employer and complete and file a claim form. Under Louisiana law, employees may not be eligible for compensation if they are injured as a result of their intoxication, their willful intention to harm themselves or others, or their engagement in horseplay. Mr. Dunlap possesses more than 30 years of experience and uses creative problem-solving techniques to navigate the Louisiana legal system. With a trusted Shreveport workers' compensation attorney, you can get dedicated representation to handle a variety of issues with your workers’ compensation case. If you need to file both a workers' comp and personal injury claim, we can also provide skilled counsel for both of your cases.

If you would like a consultation with Mr. Dunlap about your workers' compensation case, please click on this link and fill out our intake form. After you have completed the form, Mr. Dunlap will contact you to schedule a telephone or video conference to discuss your case.

Call today for passionate legal services.